Dinner on the Farm
Have you attended a farm dinner yet? There are some pretty fancy ones that are also very expensive. $200 per person? Sorry, not here. However, there are likely some in your area that are reasonable, and you’re sure to have a good time. Meet your farmers, and learn where your food comes from! One piece of advice? Sign up immediately, they almost always fill up quickly.
In Minneapolis/St. Paul, Dinner on the Farm organizes farm dinners throughout the summer. Farm dinners with a mission to educate. Julie and I were able to attend a farm dinner down in Northfield. The dinner gave us an introduction to several worthwhile organizations in the Twin Cities:
- Gardens of Eagan – a farm outgrowth of the Wedge Co-op, and host to several beginning farmers
- Organic Field School – organization that helps beginning farmers in their first several years of farming
- Fazenda Boa Terra – incubator farm
- Bossy Acres – incubator farm and our CSA farm. We have been having a great experience with our farmers Karla and Elizabeth!
- Humble Pie Farm – incubator farm and a flowers and herbs CSA
Also, a couple of cool small businesses:
- Chowgirls Catering – small catering company in NE Minneapolis
- Boom Island Brewing – Belgian style microbrewery in Minneapolis
Click on any photo to view as a slide show
You might still be able to squeeze in a farm dinner this year. If you do, I’d love to hear about it. If not, plan to attend one next summer!