Natura Wines – Organically Grown, Fresh & Affordable

Natura wines paired with grilled beef skewers

Natura wines are budget friendly and perfect for casual summer meals

Natura Wines – Organic, Affordable, Delicious
I received a set of Natura Wine samples this spring from the parent company, Banfi Vintners. Natura Wines come from Chile, and they represent a line of inexpensive wines made from hand harvested organic grapes.  Affordable and hand harvested organic aren’t typically seen in the same sentence, so I was curious to give the wines a try. The climate in Chile winegrowing regions supports organic viticulture, so I enjoyed seeing that Emiliana Vineyards has extended the organic viticulture all the way to their value oriented vineyards.

Natura Un-oaked Chardonnay

Natura Un-oaked Chardonnay is made from organically grown grapes.

Natura Chardonnay Un-oaked Valle del Bio-Bio Chile 2016 (sample, $10 suggested retail)
The Natura Chardonnay is vinified and matured in stainless steel
Eye: Clear, medium lemon yellow
Nose: Clean, medium intensity, citrus – lemons, ripe pears, slight floral element behind the fruit
Mouth: Dry, medium acidity, medium body grapefruit element in the flavor along with the citrus. The fruit is ripe but not overripe. Clean and bright.

Natura Rosé

The Natura Rosé is a direct press wine made from Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

Natura Rosé Valle del Rapel Chile 2016 (sample, $10 suggested retail)
The Natura Rosé is made from Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Immediately after harvesting, the grapes are direct pressed and fermented and aged in stainless steel.

Eye: Clear, pale salmon-orange color
Nose: Clean, medium- intensity, black cherries & blackberries
Mouth: Dry, medium+ acidity, medium body. Under-ripe cherry flavors, fresh and bright. Very refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.

Natura Carmenere

Natura Carmenere is deeply fruity and perfect at summer cookouts

Natura Carmenere Valle de Colchagua Chile 2015 (sample, $10 suggested retail)
Blend: 85% Carmenere, 8% Syrah, 4% Cabernet Franc, 3% Merlot. 20% of the wine is aged in oak barrels, the remaining 80% is matured in

Eye: Clear, deep ruby color with a narrow purple rim. Legs lightly stained purple
Nose: Clean, medium+ intensity bright berry fruit, strongly fruity. Fruit verges on candied black cherries, blackberries. Herbal element behind the fruit, rosemary & sage.
Mouth: Dry, medium acidity, medium tannins, medium body.  Modern, but not overoaked. Dark fruit, ripe and a bit candied

Natura Wines with Beef Skewers on the Grill
You might think beef skewers would only pair with the Carmenere, but at many a cookout, you’ll encounter white wine drinkers. On a hot summer night, you might enjoy something a little lighter than a rich red wine, perhaps a dry Rosé. In truth, kebobs from the grill almost always taste great with a wide variety of wines, don’t worry and fill your glass with whatever sounds good to you in the moment!

Disclosure: The Natura wines were provided as samples. All opinions and photos are my own.

Natura Wines Paired with Beef Skewers on the Grill at


8 Responses to “Natura Wines – Organically Grown, Fresh & Affordable”
  1. Lynn says:

    How lucky are you! Mark and I visited Emiliana but didn’t taste their Natura line- not sure if it existed 3 years ago, they seem to fit a niche. We toured one of their biodynamic vineyards and tasted several wines. Highly recommend a visit to anyone venturing to Chile.

    As always, drooling over your BBQ.

  2. I received these wines as well. They are nice, not amazing but enjoyable.

  3. Hi Jeff, I nominated you for the Unique Blogger Award : Cheers!

  4. evanbdavis says:

    Chilean wines and grilled meats, yes please!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: