December Wine Pairing Weekend, Call for Participants! #WinePW
Your Invitation to December’s Wine Pairing Weekend #WinePW 7
It’s time to start thinking about December’s Wine Pairing Weekend. Our theme this month is “Sparkling Wines and Hors D’oeuvres”. The holidays are upon us, and what better time to practice our sparkling wine pairing skills and favorites! Won’t you join us?
Posts go live and our Twitter chat will be on Saturday December 13, I’ll be hosting. Join in the #WinePW 7 conversation!
Simple or Fancy, something new or an old favorite, this is a great time to share. What can you dream up?
Details for participation
We’d love to have you join us and participate in the seventh #winePW . Here’s what you do:
- Send an email to tell me you’re in: Include your blog url, Twitter handle, link to your Pinterest profile, and any other social media detail. If you know your blog post title now, include that…but you can send me that a bit closer to the event, I’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shoutouts and links as we go. The email is email@example.com
- Send your post title to me by Tuesday, December 9 to be included in the preview post. I will do a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include ” #winePW ” (Note: I’d like us all to use the hashtag in the title to make it easier to see the posts getting shared on Twitter).
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-7:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, December 13. You can always schedule your post in advance if you will be tied up around then.
- Include a link to the other #winePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the html code you can easily put in your initial post–which will link to people’s general blog url, then updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers posts’ to comment and share.
- Sponsored posts OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
- Live #winePW Twitter Chat December 13, 10 a.m. CST: Participating bloggers and others interested in the subject will connect via a live Twitter chat. It’s a nice way to bring in others interested in the subject who didn’t get a chance to share a blog post. You can definitely still join the blog event if you’re not available for the live chat.
- Pinterest: Pin your post to our Wine Pairing Weekend board on Pinterest!
- Questions or comments? Email me
For more of the back-story on Wine Pairing Weekend, check out David’s original post introducing the idea.
Interested? Take a look at all the fun we had for Thanksgiving!
Turkey, Tempranillo and Sweet Potatoes by Cooking Chat
Thanksgiving from the Veneto: Turkey, Pomegranate Sauce & Valpolicella by foodwineclick
Norwegian Meatballs by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Shepherds Pie Casserole with Barnard Griffin Syrah Port by Wild 4 Washington Wine
Butternut Squash and Cheddar Bread Pudding and Donkey & Goat Stone Crusher by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Purple Sweet Potato Soup with Roasted Lobster + Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Arugula Pear Salad paired with Torrontes from Argentina by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Layered Sweet Potato and Apple Bake with Cranberry Blush by Curious Cuisiniere