Watermelon Radish Salad & Lioco Rosé
A refreshing glass of rosé and a nice salad are just right on a hot summer night. Continuing on our local theme, much of this salad is built from a our CSA box and local farmer’s market produce. The combination of peppery crunch from the radishes, the sweet fruit and the salty feta provide satisfying flavor and texture. The rosé is nice and dry and has a fresh fruit quality that mirrors the fruit in the salad.
Lioco Indica Rose 2012 ($17)
Eye: Bright salmon orange color, perfectly clear.
Nose: Very fresh, floral, crayons?, definitely a rind of some sort, too.
Mouth: Tart and citrusy, super crisp. Enough fruit to balance and make the acidity and tart flavor nice.
What’s in the Dinner Salad
- Bossy Acres CSA head lettuce and green tops of watermelon radishes
- Bossy Acres CSA watermelon radish (white outside, pretty watermelon color inside)
- Strawberries, blueberries, & blackberries
- Singing Hills Goat Dairy Feta Cheese – try to get some fresh local feta, you’ll be surprised by the difference
- Chicken slices
- Balsamic vinegar reduction, no oil
You can skip the oil in the dressing if you want to concentrate on the flavors and textures of the components of the salad. Just a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar is all you need!